The entry period for the Scharffen Berger Chocoholic Overdose giveaway is now over. Thanks to all for sharing your favorite chocolate desserts! Check back in a bit to find out who’s getting away with the haul…
The giveaways just keep getting better and better, don’t they?
This one needs no introduction so we’re just going to dive into the details of what’s included in the Scharffen Berger Chocoholic’s Overdose…
Starting from the top:
- Chocolate Tasting Squares Box ~ 48 squares of extra dark, bittersweet and semi sweet chocolate. This box alone would make a good gift! To yourself.
- Apron ~ so you don’t get chocolate all over yourself (not that that’s a bad thing)
- Cocoa Powder ~ Two canisters of cocoa powder, one sweetened (to drink!) and one unsweetened (for baking!)
- Baking Bars ~ Two baking bars, one 70% cacao, which you can eat straight, and one 99% cacao, which you could also eat, but that would make you insane, so we recommend you use this one for baking.
- Essence of Chocolate Cookbook ~ We could have give this cookbook away by itself, it’s so gorgeous with almost 400 pages of chocolate recipes, from “intensely chocolate” Chocolate Chocolate Cake to “hint of chocolate” White Velvet Cake (a recipe contributed by Rose Levy Berenbaum!). And it’s not just sweets. There are savory recipes for soups, barbcue and, of all things, salad. As strange as it may sound, we also love the fittingly luxurious feel of the thick, matte pages.
- Cacao Nibs ~ Perfectly roasted cocoa beans that have been broken down into little crunchy bits. They’re supposed to be good substitutes for roasted nuts or chocolate chips in baking, but we eat them straight.
- Chocolate Baking Chunks ~ One bag of semi-sweet at 62% cacao and one bag of bittersweet at 70% cacao
- Chocolate Bars ~ Eight bars of Scharffen Berger chocolate. There might have been nine bars.
Okay. Yeah, so there were nine bars. *blush*
How amazing is all of this?! We’re not sure what it’s worth, but we’re estimating the total value to be, oh, about, a bazillion dollars.
How to Enter this Giveaway
This is a quick and easy giveaway. There is one step:
Leave a comment on this post with your favorite CHOCOLATE dessert.
Don’t worry if you don’t like chocolate. Just pick something from the gazillion chocolate posts on TasteSpotting. It doesn’t matter what you say, though. We’re going to pick the “winner” randomly from the comments, so it only matters that you do comment. The fact that you don’t like chocolate is a whole different issue that you’re going to have to face by yourself.
Just to get things started on the giveaway, we’ll go first.
Does a Chocolate Martini count as dessert? Yes, yes it absolutely does.
Good luck! The deadline to enter is midnight Sunday December 12. Make sure to enter your email address in the space provided address so we can contact you if you’re chosen!
And don’t forget the other giveaways that are still going on: Ralph Brennan’s New Orleans Seafood Cookbook