Because May is Salad Month, it seems appropriate to give away a copy of Salad as a Meal…
Salad as a Meal is cookbook that came out last year from long-time author Patricia Wells (we kind of love her and have many, many of her French cookbooks on our shelf), and yes, we did indeed give a copy away last year, too (sorry, no Le Creuset this time). We just happen to have gotten our fresh little hands on another copy and want someone else to make things like a side green salad.
Just kidding. Who writes recipes for a side of greens?! And the title of the book is Salad as a Meal.
This book has gorgeous recipes like Halibut Cheeks with Polenta and Parmesan Crust and Asian Greens, How to Smoke Mackerel, Smoked Chicken Breast with Sorrel Chiffonade and Parmesan Croutons, and Pork an Spinach Salad with Mustard Sorbet, just to name a few. There are also recipes for soups, different pantry items like little delicious little pickled things, and for baking breads to accompany the salads.
Check out some of the salads we’ve made and posted:
- Asparagus, Peas, Green Beans and Fennel with Lemon Chive Dressing
- Cucumber Ribbons with Lemongrass Vinaigrette
- Salmon, Avocado Quinoa Salad with Lemon Yogurt Dressing
How to Enter this Giveaway
- Tell us what you favorite kind of salad is in comments section of this post! It doesn’t matter what you say, as this is a random drawing, but it does matter that you do comment with something.
- Make sure to enter your email address in the box provided so we can contact you
- Share this giveaway post with your friends on facebook and twitter! (not required, but we’d love the help!)
You have until Friday May 11, 2012 at 5 PM PST to comment. Everyone is welcome to comment to enter, but we can only ship this stuff in the U.S. (So if you’re outside the US and win, you just need to provide us with a US mailing address to send!)
Stay tuned for more giveaways throughout the next few weeks! Yes, we are giving away cookbooks as a way to “prime” you all for some bigger things coming up. Do not worry, you are always eligible to enter everything, and win more than once, too.